To Report a Claim

The reason Fergus Farm Mutual exists is to help take care of you when a loss occurs.

If a loss should happen, here is what you need to do.

  1. Call your insurance agent to report it. They will get the process started by filling out the proper paperwork and will be able to help you sort out what you need to do.
  2. If the loss is theft, vandalism or burglary, you will need to report it to the proper law enforcement agency. We will need a copy of their report.
  3. Take steps to keep more damage from happening until the final repairs can be done.
  4. You will be contacted by a claims person from our office or an independent adjuster and will need to meet with them to have your loss evaluated.

Additional Claim Information

When you have a loss to your property, you should know:

  • We want you to receive quality repair work to restore your property to the way it was before the damage.
  • We will provide you with a detailed estimate from the adjuster of the scope of the damage and costs of repairs. Should the contractor you select have questions concerning our estimate, they should contact the adjuster or our office.
  • There may be building codes, ordinances, laws, or regulations that affect the repairs of your property. These items may or may not be covered by your policy. If after examining your policy, you still have questions, contact our office.
  • If you select a contractor whose estimate is the same as or lower than our estimate, based on the same scope of damages, we will pay based on our estimate. If your estimate is higher than ours, you should contact our office prior to beginning repairs.
  • Fergus Farm Mutual cannot authorize any contractor to proceed with work on your property. Repairs should proceed only with your authorization.
  • Fergus Farm Mutual does not guarantee the quality of the workmanship of any contractor or guarantee that the work will be accomplished within any specific time frame.
  • It is understood that the contractor is hired by you, and that they work for you – not Fergus Farm Mutual.
  • For your protection, please make sure you receive a copy of your contractor’s license and Worker’s Compensation coverage or exemption certificate.